Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stake Dance References.

Hey there everyone!! Its another week gone and man did it go by so stinkin fast! I cant belive that I only have 14 days left here!! And that I only have one more p day here! That makes it sound sooner! So I'm gonna write in sections cuz my thoughts are always so jumbled cuz I'm trying to write so quickly and everything that I wanna share is bouncing around in my head at one time! Haha
Spanish: Its a lot better thanlast week actually! Its crazy how fast Im learning Spanish! I know that its only through Heavenly Father that I am able to learn this fast. Its still kinda scary to teach our investigators just cuz their Spanish is so much better than ours, but I can understand a lot more than I can speak so thats nice! Its just trying to answer their questions and respond to their comments thats the hard part.. I usually just end up saying Si! or Esta bueno! Haha when those answers probably dont even make sense..haha whoops! Its like at Stake Dances when the music is really loud and you cant really hear what someone asked you s
o you just laugh awkardly or say: haha...yeah. Thats how I feel every day here! But I am learning more and more every day and I cant wait for the gift of tongues to set in! :) one day Ill just start speaking Spanish like nobodys business! That will be one awesome day! I did have a really cool experience though! One day in class, my teacher, Hermana Balderas was teaching us and we were reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and then she would comment and then we would start saying more things. At that moment, I was able to undertand EVERYTHING!! It was so cool and gave me an extra push to keep learning Spanish cuz one day itll hit me and then every day will be like that! :)
Gospel: Man has my testimony gotten so strong!! Not only do we learn about the gospel every day and teach about it which helps me learn about it more, but I pray soooo much! I dont know how I got through my days before with only praying maybe twice a day. I counted the other day and I prayed more than 15 times!! Its nuts but I wouldnt be able to get through this without Him. We gotten pretty tight in these last few weeks! So I have a challenge for you guys! I want you all to pray about it and think about it too and figure out someone or more than one person, to give a Book of Mormon to! If you read in D&C 123:12 I think youll see that there are tons of people in this world that are so lost and have something missing in their lives but they have no clue what it is! I know its kinda scary, but just try it for me! And for them! We are told so much here, the worst thing that can happen is they say no. :) I believe in all of you! ¡Si se puede!!
Food: The food is still as good as always but I just have one funny story. This weekend is Mexico Independence Day and so we have been having special treats at the meals because of that! So the other day they had these Mexican candies out and I really wanted to try one! So I got one that looked like chocolate. So when I ate it I was expecting something nice and yummy and sweet but man was I wrong!! It tasted like sour raisens that had been put through a blender with chile powder!! Oh man, it took all inside me not to spit it out! I have officially learned my lesson on not eating Mexican candy!! haha
Randomess: So I havent hearn fomr Brian or Beth, what is she having?? I really wanna know!! Also, this past Sunday, I gave my first talk on La Fe y Perseverar hasta el Fin (Faith and Endure to the End) and it was all in Spanish!! Oh yeah thats right! I was so proud of myself! Also, me and the other girls in my district sang a musical number in Sacrament Meeting! We sang Battle Hymn of the Republic accapella and got lotsa compliments so Im gonna take it that we did good hoprfully! haha And then today my branch (5) and branch 12 are singing in the Devotional! Were singing I know that My REdeemer Lives! I dont know how weel its gonna go for me since I have no voice! Hopefully I wont squeak really loud or something..haha
Anyways I love you all so very much! Thank you for all the support! And I would not mind if any of you wnated to send me letters! :) I love the emails but letters are always a nice something to be able to hold! But if not, thaz kool 2...haha Once again, I love you all! God be with you til we meet again!
Love
Hermana McIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment