Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hola!!

Hello everyone!!!!!!! :)

So as you can see p-day is on tuesdays for me! And I don't know my address here but I will go and look for it after I get done writing if I have some extra time! :) So you best all write me or imma lay a woopin on all y'all! Okay so here at the CCM its BEAUTIFUL!!! The campus is about 90 acres and its full of huge trees and flowers and all sorts of stuff! I love it! The weather is about at 70 degrees all day so knowing me, I constantly have goose bumps..We can also see outside the gates and secrurity of the CCM, a huge mountain that has houses all over it! They are just how I thought they would be! All of the houses are different colors and all made out of cement or bricks. Its so cool to see! I live in Casa 10 with 3 other girls in my room and about 16 girls in total in the house. The girls I live with are Hermana Jeppesen (mi companera), Hermana Colvin, and Hermana Radditz. My compananion is so nice and very easy to talk to! (which is soo good for me cuz you know me and awkward situations....no bueno) She is from Mesa, Arizona and is a theater arts major. Shes very expressive and cries very easily! Haha but s'all good cuz Ive cried my fair of times too here at the CCM. ha...whoops! The other two girls are nice too, their kinda quiet unless you get them talking about Doctor Who and then watch out! They don't stop!! Its a good thing though i guess. Better than silence right? haha The food at the CCM is pretty bland and a lot of it tastes like fake butter..not my favorite, but you get so hungry here cuz of how much you're doing all day that you just eat anything they give you. Haha The fruit is muy delicioso and I want to take the entire tray of it every time!! YUM! My spanish isn't doing too bad. I have learned soo much and its only been a week!! Its nuts! I can almost talk in sentences. I know that its only through the Lord that I am learning this fast. I have never prayed so much in my life. I have my morning prayers and 2 night prayers with my companion and personal. Then I pray about 5 other times during that day. Either before starting to study or if I'm not understanding something. I have gotten very very very close with my Heavenly Father in this last week! I am in District 5A here and I love everyone in my district! its all the girls in my room (me and 3 others) and then 4 companionships of guys. They are all so funny and hilarious! Its so awesome to be constantly surrounded be people that have the same standards as you and have the same goal in mind. I love it!! 
So my schedule almost everyday is get up at 6:30, get ready and study. Go to breakfast and then to language study until about 12. Then more study time until lunch. Then after lunch we go and work out then go and teach a fake investigator. and that takes about till dinner. Then we go to dinner and then more language study for a few hours. Then I plan with my companion until 9:30 and then we are in bed by 10:30. Then we get up and do the same thing the next day! Sundays are amazing here! Its a spiritual overload all day and its awesome! The only problem is that sacrament meeting is all in Spanish so I don't get too much outta that yet..Ha. Whoops.

So for my spiritual experience of the week. Yesterday I was having a super bad day when it came to  the language. I even broke down in front of my teacher! It was very embarrassing! So I asked my district leader, Elder Jensen, if I could get a blessing. At the end of the day, all of the guys in my district gave me a blessing and Elder Fogg is the one who gave it to me. He told me that I am here because God has called me here and that there is someone that needs me to help them come to the knowledge of the gospel. And then he said that the language will come to me and that I needed to lean on my Heavenly Father. :) I found out at the end of the blessing that Elder Fogg had no idea what I needed the blessing for. That goes to show that blessings are a very powerful thing and that they do come from God. It was so cool and now I am feeling so much better.

Well I have loved hearing about how you guys are all doing. :) I miss you all but I know that I am in the right place. Until next week! Yo amo tu muy mucho! :)
Love,
Hermana McIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment